Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet GT 5810
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Product Name: HP Deskjet GT 5810
Operating System: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

The printer would not print. The printer would cue that my document is sending data to the printer, but the printer's power button would just blink. I have restarted by printer setting and installed the printer softare twice, but the same thing happens. Please help. 

Thanks
NJP24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NJP24

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet GT 5810 All-in-One Printer and it does not print from Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Please perform the following steps to isolate and fix this issue:

• You may download and run the HP East Start program. This should install the compatible printer drivers. Please click here to download the HP Easy Start. 
    NOTE: Do not plug the printer's USB cable to the computer initially. You may first begin the installation and during the course of the installation it will prompt to connect the printer. And that is when the printer needs to be connected via USB to the computer and continue with the installation. 

If the issue still persists and the printer is unable to print then I recommend you to perform the steps as described in the given order form this HP document

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NJP24

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet GT 5810 All-in-One Printer and it does not print from Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Please perform the following steps to isolate and fix this issue:

• You may download and run the HP East Start program. This should install the compatible printer drivers. Please click here to download the HP Easy Start. 
    NOTE: Do not plug the printer's USB cable to the computer initially. You may first begin the installation and during the course of the installation it will prompt to connect the printer. And that is when the printer needs to be connected via USB to the computer and continue with the installation. 

If the issue still persists and the printer is unable to print then I recommend you to perform the steps as described in the given order form this HP document

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Problem sovlved. Very helpful. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

@NJP24

Hurray!!! I'm delighted to hear that it's working! Feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day. 🙂

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.