cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HC11
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP FutureSmart 4 problem with AirPrint 49.00.FF Error

HP Recommended
HP E77650
iOS

My Hp E77650 couldn't print a pdf file I open from an email. It will just show 49.00.FF Error and can't do anything else. To make it back to a usable stage, I have to turn off and turn on it. This takes a lot of time and is very annoying.

Is HP able to fix this problem or at least make it easier to clear the error without restarting? (I dont't have this issue with any cheaper model printer.) I already updated to the lastest firmware.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
IronBadger
Level 9
Level 9
860 828 78 283
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 49 error indicates that something in the print file could not be understood by the printer's operating system.  More specifically the PDF interpreter.  Typically this would not cause an unrecoverable 49 error but in some cases it could.

Is this occurring with everything you print using AirPrint from iOS or is it just this particular PDF?

Is the PDF something you can share with support?

When you say "cheaper printers"; are these other HP printers?  If so, what models?

What version of iOS are you using?  What email application?

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HC11
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another HP model that I am using is OfficeJet Pro 8600, which can print the same pdf file.

I am normally open mail from the Apple basic e-mail application. 

I still haven't tried printing something else from email since I only receive pdf file.

But I did try printing from an application like Pages, and It worked fine.

The iOS version is 10.3.3

I will try to upgrade the iOS and also try to print another file from Mail also will try to print the same file via Outlook app.

I don't mind sharing the file but I don't know how to upload.

IronBadger
Level 9
Level 9
860 828 78 283
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HC11 ,

I have sent you a personal message on this.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HC11
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to update the result after updating to the latest iOS. Everything is working fine now. No error for AirPrint now!

:OpenSmile::Partyhat02:

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation