cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
h-pstinks
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP HD Pro Scanner touchscreen sucks

HP Recommended
HP HD Pro Scanner

When is HP going to fix the many, many issues with the HP HD Pro Scanner? The touch screen GUI is the worst interface I have ever seen. The person who coded it must have flunked out of school: it has extrememly limited functionality, none of it is intuitive and the help is useless, it constanly can't connect to the printer or network, and the controls for the menus and windows were designed by a complete idiot. It is a guessing game about what to do to try and get it to work. Seriously, hp should be very ashamed of even releasing the touchscreen computer. 

1 REPLY 1
D Hook
Level 7
874 821 36 101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You seem to be holding back a little.  C'mon...let us know how you REALLY feel!

We've had an MFP 4500 scanner for about 10 years now and haven't had any trouble at all with the touch screen.  And the only time it disconnects is when someone (usually me) does something stupid.  It's otherwise been a very good machine.  BTW, you're using the stylus on the touch screen, right?

But I do share your sentiments about it not being very intuitive.

And when we first started using it, it took some time to get used to it's little quirks when selecting copy/scan/print.  But the more you use it, the easier it gets.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation