Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

RossDouglas, I forgot to add cleaning the encoder strip also:) if the printheads are over 1L of usage - print the color strip (about 1cm or more)  on the left and right side of the prints if possible and watch which printhead is starting with clogged nozzles - if PH starts with blurry (spraying) or missing or fading color - even after cleaning - this PH must be replaced...you can check the number of missing nozzles in printer information from the PC, but the real result is when printing...

Good luck 🙂

HP Recommended

Where can you find how many nozzles are out on the pc?

HP Recommended

open  browser and type printer's IP (in my case it's 192.168.3.140) and web access window appears - check the pictures:

Click on Display printer informationClick on Display printer informationClick on Usage  information Tab then check Nozzles Out columnsClick on Usage information Tab then check Nozzles Out columns

HP Recommended

Thanks!

HP Recommended

So I got the ph (lc/lm) clean by doing the distilled water and pulling across towel. Checked the plot test perfect and in 2 days back to half of nozzles clogged. I even change the maintenance cartridge too. 

HP Recommended

Grambler, couple of things - may be dirty Drop detector - it's that part of the printer for defective nozzle recognition before maintenance cartridge location (it's work is to check and turn off defective nozzles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq6jn1dQ4Kk

- some other things like I wrote before - measure PH  - may be there is more air than ink already because cleaning with cloth and water is exhausting it from ink and not refilling properly again - clean contacts and check for proper re-seating the printhead

- if nozzles are worn out - they just print for a moment but with no durability at all - check if same nozzles are out (by numbers)...may be replacing the PH is needed this time...

HP Recommended

Informative.. Hp sent me a new ph. So I'll put that in and let you know in a couple of days if it does it again. The last one had problems and only had 17ml fired through it. Thanks for all the info. It should go a couple of days not being used without losing nozzles. Hopefully new head and new maintenance cartridge will do the trick.

Chris 

HP Recommended

One more question. I used a maintenance swab around the bottom of where the ph sits and there was a lot of dried ink there. Is there anyway to clean the bottom of the cartridge where the ph sits? And how do you clean the drop detector?

HP Recommended

A lot of faulty PH's were passed with a lot of faulty batches like you had obviously and don't rely on "that's a new head and must work many years" 🙂 keep in mind the cleaning you have done with the water results on pouring ink from the head into the rubber with hole on maint.cartridge and this ink you can clean with cotton swab (for ears for example) with 95% ethylic alcohol very carefully or with linth free cloth...To avoid such result after watering the head you had to make cleaning PH by the menu to spit all the excessive ink-water over cleaning kit.. Drop detector could be cleaned likewise, but there... I've called the service guy and he told me to replace the thing... that's why I've cleaned the detector not so much.. because I can do much damage than solving the problem...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.