cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
SitelineGraphic
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Latex 560 has problems connecting to internet through wifi extender

HP Recommended
HP Latex 560
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently purchased an HP Latex 560. We've had some issues with internet at the shop so we're using an Wifi Extender to pull the signal to the back of the shop from the modem in the front of the shop and we're directly connecting our computer and HP Latex 560 directly to the Wifi extender.

• Both the printer and the computer are hardwired to the Wifi extender
  • I can connect to the Internet on the computer
  • I can successfully print through Onyx to the HP Latex 560
  • But I cannot download firmware updates or connect to the Substrate Server.

When I try to run the connection wizard it stops at #8 and stops at Gateway Configuration.

I'm not sure how to get it to connect to the internet or if I'm missing something. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Jhmt1984
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I has the same issue, you just need to bridge the connection between your WiFi and Ethernet that's connected to your printer. So on the pc that's connected, follow this:
How to create a Network Bridge on Windows 10

Use the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.
Select both, the network adapter that connects to the internet and the adapter you want to use in the bridge connection.
Right-click the selection and click Bridge Connections.

Basically select both ethernet and WiFi and right click bridge and restart the printer and it should be good to go.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation