Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've not had this printer long, trying to get it setup.  I need to print A3 which is why I bought it, but having installed the full driver set, A3 printing doesn't show up in any programs I use. 

Hopefully someone can help. 

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Janootoo

Welcome to HP Forums, I see that you do not have A3 printing option after installing the printer driver.

You can create a custom printing size to print A3.

Create a custom paper size directly from the printer properties menu.

1. Load the custom-size paper into the paper input tray.

2. Open the item you want to print.

3. Click File, and then click Print.

4. In the Print window, click Preferences, Properties, or Printer Properties.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then click Custom.

Custom button in print properties

6. In the Custom Paper Size window, click New.

7. Type a name for your custom paper size, adjust the width and height to your preference, and then click OK.

Your custom paper size is now saved. You can select this custom paper size in the future and edit it if needed.

8. Click OK, click the Paper Size drop-down menu, and then scroll down and select your custom paper size.

Custom paper size in drop-down list

9. Make any other preference changes if necessary, and then click OK.

10. Click OK or Print to print the document.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I'm confused.  This is printer is sold as an A3 printer.  Why doesn't the full driver install this?  HP A3 printers always used to do this.  There's no information with the printer to say I have to do this work around - not tried yet.  I've had to log in to a help forum!  This seems more like a fault, is that correct?  Should the software have installed this as a standard option?  Thanks again, I don't want the printer if it's a fault, must be as otherwise the driver software would have installed it properly? 

HP Recommended

@Janootoo

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This could be a driver issue, not the printer.

If you want A3 size to be shown by defaults, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.

Download and install full feature driver for the printer

Click here to download the printer driver.

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.