cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
VeronicaTutu
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Officejet wont print tabloid in the right orientation

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 series
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi there,

I am having trouble printind pdf files in the right orientation in a tabloid paper.

When I print a pdf document from Preview the "print preview" window shows the correct image orientation however the printer prints the image in the wrong place using only the bottom half of the paper and printing half of the image.

Please see attachments for more details.

This problems happens with "Auto Rotate" button both on or off.

This problem does not happen when printing non pdf files such as printing directly from Autocad. The problem occurs when printing from either Preview or Adobe Reader.

Can somebody help me solve this?

Thanks

Veronica

Original file

2 print preview

printout

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 9,761 830 1,560
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VeronicaTutu

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer. I read that while printing a PDF document, the pdf document from preview the "print preview" window shows the correct image orientation, however, the printer prints the image in the wrong place using only the bottom half of the paper and printing half of the image.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Please test by printing the pdf document. If the issue persists then you may uninstall and reinstall the Adobe Reader.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation