cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
lilliewilde
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Printe and Scan Doctor hanging in finding and fixing Scan

HP Recommended
Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having problems with my 7612 saying it's offline when it isn't.  Downloaded and ran Printe and Scan Doctor Version 5.0.0.083, fixes problem with print, but when I run Scan part, ti activates the scanner, but then stops.  When II click on Cancel, it then gives message"please wait until this process is sompleted" and shows a progress bar, moving rapidly from Left to Right, but after hours of waiting, never completes. Any fix for this?  Im using a Dell XPS 74 64 Bit

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,041 26,660 1,522 1,618
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lilliewilde

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 7612 Printer. I understand that you are getting network scanner connection error and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Restart devices and check driver scan settings.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Make sure the printer power cord connects directly to an electrical outlet and not through a surge protector or power strip.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Turn on the printer.

5. Turn on the computer.

6. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

• If HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan a Document or Photo or Manage Scan to Computer, and then make sure the check box is selected next to Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log onto Windows.

• If HP Solution Center opens, click Scan Settings to view scan connection status, settings, and preferences.

• If your printer name is not in the results, skip to the step to install the HP software for your printer.

7. Try to scan.

Run the Print and Scan Doctor.

Uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

Check Windows Image Acquisition settings.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation