Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

The HP Smart App crashes on all my Macs when I try and open it. Nothing on this forum helps, please update the app HP, I'm using Mac OS 10.14.6 and it sounds like this issue has been going on for far too long - wish I had read the reviews before spending $300 yesterday.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@firstcuria, Welcome to HP Support Community!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Model Number: SNPRC-1803-01 HP Officejet Pro Premier. I can print and scan using other methods but HP Smart does not work on start up, the page stays white.

HP Recommended

@firstcuria

Removing and re-installing the HP Smart App may resolve this issue. Here is how to do it:

1. Open Finder and click Applications
  2. Move HP Smart App to Trash and clear the Trash.
  3. Open Finder then click Go and Click Home.
  4. Click View then Click Show View Options. Check the box Show Library Folder.
  5. The change is instantaneous and the Library folder will immediately be visible.
  6. Open Library and Open Application Support, move HP Smart folder to Trash and clear the Trash
  7. Download and install the HP Smart App from here.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm surprised such a large international company is releasing software that does not work, and is not up to date! When someone buys a product its accompanying software should work out of the box. One week after buying, the HP Smart still does not work. I have followed all the instructions and am an experienced Mac user of over twenty years, the App simply crashes. I have multiple Macs where this issue is happening.

HP Recommended

@firstcuria

• Do you have internet security software installed? Please disable and test. 
  • Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results? Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by selecting the wireless icon on the printer display.
  • What version of HP Smart App for Mac do you have installed? uninstall the existing one.
  • Try downloading HP Smart for Mac from the App Store and configure the printer.
  • Also, create a new user account and try installing the app.
  • If the issue persists, repair the disk using Disk Utility.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.