cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
John_Souza
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP T1100 plotter 79:04 error

HP Recommended
T1100PS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have a HP T1100PS plotter that has a 79:04 error upon boot up.  When this error appears, nothing can be done from the front screen.  The only optioin is to pull the power plug and reboot.  This is supposedly a firmware error.  I downloaded the latest firmware.  I can ping the device.  But, I can't get to the device either using HTTP:// or HTTPS://.   I have downloaded the HP utility, but when you click on the firmware upgrade option under the support tab, it looks like it is using a url to get to the plotter .  I get the "This page can't be displayed" message.  I know this works with our other plotter the T1300.  I tested it.  I have read on this forum that others have received the 79:04 error and uploaded a new version of firmware and that fixed the issue.  Exactly how is that done??

Any ideas on how to upload the firmware???

5 REPLIES 5
D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here's a link to the Service Manual:

http://manualmachine.com/hp/designjet-t1120-t1100-t61/195672-service-manual/

Is there a USB port on the back for a thumbdrive?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
styloid
Level 3
84 51 1 7
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its probably the hard drive which has failed 

they available from ebay etc.

When installed the first time the machine boots it will give a 79 error

Reboot and it should clear.

Kind regards 

John_Souza
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, there is no USB port for a thumb drive on the back.  Just teh RJ45 and a USB printer port.  I think the later models and he port for the thumb drive.

John

John_Souza
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We replaced the hard drive with a new blank drive and it booted to a 08:11 error.  There must be some info that needs to be on the drive?  Certanily there has to be a way to put the info on the drive?  I can't see the firmware being on the drive.  There is a selection in the service menu to do a DOD wipe to prevent sensitive information from being left on the drive.  I don't think you would render the plotter useless if you did that...

John

styloid
Level 3
84 51 1 7
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8:11error is the hard drive not working I think ! or the wrong firmware on the drive for the printer

HP made several verisions of fimrware fir this printer I think (ABCD or something like that) 

looks at the model number on the back RHS

Check with your  disk supplied its compatible.

LPS computer in the US may be able to help further  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation