cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
rayatmande
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP T120 Multi-sheet feeder random sheet size fault

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had many HP large format printers and they have generally performed well.

HOWEVER, since purchasing a T120 I have had repeated issues with paper sizing.

The HP techies have had 3 attempts to rectify this but it keeps occuring.

The roll feed works perfectly but if I want to print A3 from the sheet feeder I always encounter this RANDOM problem:

I can sometimes print a file (usually a PDF) but after the first sheet prints normally subsequent attempts fail, with the error showing ' the print nneeds 296mm paper but the tray is loaded with 130mm paper' or other random sizes. This also occurs on the first sheet most times.

I try re-booting my whole system but it refuses to fix the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I regard myself as reasonably proficient in the use and utilisation of HP printers over a 20 year period but this beats me (and also, it would seem, HP themselves!)

Can anyone help please?

2 REPLIES 2
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,556 32,136 5,523 12,981
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please find the printer specifications below:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-designjet-t120-24-in-printer

Media sizes, custom

Input tray: 8.3 x 11 to 13 x 19 in; manual feed: 13 x 19 to 24 x 74.7 in; roll: 11 to 24 in

13 x 19 equals to  Super A3, A3 is too smalll and not supported by the manual feed, therefore an error returns..

You may load an A3 paper to the multi-sheet tray, see page 35 of its User Guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03498896

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rayatmande
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input to this, but unfortunately the problem persists. I've gone through all the procedures outlined in the manual (which is very helpful in other areas thanks) but it still reports an incorrect paper size when I try to print.

I'm begining to think there's a hardware fault, but the machine is now out of warranty, even though I@ve been logging this particular fault with HP on numerous occasions since shortly after I received it.

Thanks again,

R

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation