Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Everything seems to print fine until I get ready to print a 24" x 36" drawing in landscape.  The plotter tells me that 36" wide is needed and of course the plotter is only 24" wide.  It will print fine if I rotate the drawing 90 degrees to where it looks like a portrait drawing, but that is a pain every time.  I have had two other large format hp plotters that were 24" wide and it always recognized it and automatically adjusted it.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

should be easy...  use    custom paper option & enter media size width   24"    high 37 ( little for margin )    portrait mode...

save setting...   apply....    ok...

good to rotate to vertical.... see preview box & make sure all line up perfectly.... if all ok... press print...

This is a very very basic step to define your print sizes.... if in future need different sizes, do the same..

HP Recommended

I was able to print by rotating the drawing.  In the plotters that I had before this one it recognized when I had it on landscape that the plotter would only plot one direction since it is only 24" wide and adjusted it for you.  Looking to cut out that rotation step.

HP Recommended

I have this same problem and rotating is not a long term solution. i had seen in other posts that there may be a driver problem bu they are years old surely they have been resolved by now if they are still selling this printer

HP Recommended

I am also having this issue, which only recently started.  I print in Arch C or Super C/A2 which is 18x24.  When printing in Landscape, the architectural drawings I typically print out used to fill out the whole width of the roll.  Now it just prints along the long edge, with tons of waste at the bottom.  Unable to rotate at all.  

This is a recent issue for me.  I used to be able to be able to delete the printer driver, and reinstall the printer.  But now that doesn't work.  Seems like some sort of driver issue?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated20180423_065117.jpg

HP Recommended

HP Please HELP!  I'm having the same problems here!  I see not options to change preference to select short size first and even when I rotate the portrait, half the drawing isn't printing.  No problems a couple weeks ago, changed the driver and now can't print correctly.  

HP Recommended

I was having the exact same issue when printing in 18 x 24.  The printer wouldn't rotate the drawing to fill the whole page.  To correct this, select 'Print', and go to printer properties.  In my case, i was printing in 18 x 24 Super C/A2.  Go to the 'Layout/Output' tab and select 'Landscape' as the orientation.  If the drawing doesn't fully fill rotate to fill all of the empty space, select '% of actual size' in the 'Resizing Option' selection.  Use the slider bar to resize the drawing to 99%.  The drawing should then fully rotate into Landscape, using up the full page.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

T120 24" model & should print out in landscape mode for 18x24.

when you set up print size     24" wide       18  high    in landscape ...

pay attention to the    feature       media rotation....it is the trouble maker, right there...  

see  paper layout on screen & make sure it was properly lineup... not in portrait mode.

myself had same problems & wasted lot of expensive canvas....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.