cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
mollyconlin
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP T120 printer freezes programs

HP Recommended
HP Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good morning!

I'm having a few issues with my HP Designjet T120. When I select the printer in various programs (AutoCAD 2010, Adobe acrobat when printing a PDF), it freezes the program for quite awhile before allowing me to select printing options. It prints to PDF fine in the program, just when I select the printer. I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled, updated the drivers, turned everything off & on, restarted the router, everything I can think of. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, when I do get it to print, there seems to be no issues when printing 24"x36", but I'm having a lot of issues printing 24"x18. It won't print landscape (even when it's selected). It prints in portrait and leaves a lot of wasted space.

Any help with this would be amazing! I am ready to fling the plotter out the window (and I don't really want to do that!)

3 REPLIES 3
JackB44
Level 3
60 60 1 14
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conceptually (firmware is made that way) T120 feeds paper always by longer side of media (means forget priniting in landscape)

Freezeng programs happens due to Windows Print Spooler behaviour, can happen because of driver:  when complex objects are to be printed but also when your PC has small amount of RAM and/or slow CPU.

Just keep in mind what qantitty of data you are generating compared to A4 printer - 8 times more (times RGB times 300dpi...) this requres time and space to process. BTW this is raster printer - meaning that PC needs to create all dots for printing before data is send to printer.

But, its good one, does the job.

Let the force be with you.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mollyconlin
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your reply! 

Is there anything I can do to fix the windows spooler behaviour? The printer was working wonderfully over a week ago! I have just been having bad luck with it late last week and this week!

Bobec97
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the exact same issue, even with the same software.

It's not global but seems to happen on one specific computer - this is a very high end machine, with new generation I7 and 32GB RAM. It's really causing issues and I'd like to resolve..........

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation