cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
AmyRo
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP T1200ps HPGL2 driver

HP Recommended
T1200ps
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I try to print to my HP T1200ps HPGL2 and when I click properties to change paper size, etc. it takes at least 5 minutes before the properties comes up.  Other printers in the office never take this long to change the properties.  Only this one.  And it's like this on my boss' computer too.  What would be causing this?  And how do I fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

download  & update with the PCL driver............. faster & problem solved.....

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AmyRo
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where do I find the PCL driver?  I don't see that in the T1200 drivers.    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t1200-printer-series/3941960

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I google for a while & could not find clearly marked    PCL driver for your model... the  your link  is same I found.

suppose the    RTL    is the one...... not  gl2 or HGL2? etc.

So download the RTL     & see when you update & see is there an option  PCL...

My Z2100, Z3100, Z3200, DJ500   all have PCL driver....   not sure your T1200...

If the RTL driver did not work & e mail hp tech support & see can they find it for you.

AmyRo
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer.  It was the same driver I already have.  It didn't give me any option for a PCL driver.  And it's doing the exact same thing.  I'm still waiting 5 minutes for properties to pop up.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can you try to use the same driver  .....    pick not the   PS model ?

Another posibility, I suspect your PC hardisk almost full which  slow down everything  , due to lack of virtual memory...

check your hardisk & see how much space available....... empty the recycle bin  

delete some useless files....    also get rid of memory resident programs...   

make sure no virus in your PC  ...

Right click  the   Windows bottom task bar  & open     task manager  ....   check        processing ... see what programs running,

all programs running on the background will  slow your PC to the knew....

Also go to control panel             uninstall  program   ......         uninstall those unknown, useless programs....

If you use adobe photoshop....     go to edit... preference....   assign more rams...   more scratch disk space....   this will

speed up dramatically...

myself never like   HPGL2 driver, only PCL driver... I only have Z2100, Z3100, Z3200 , DJ500 & all runing PCL drivers.

Since I do not have a T1200 printer & no way to verify the driver functionaility. I knew this printer will running good

under Windows 7 , because few years back, I had the T610 44" & never had troubles. only I hate & pissed me off,  it had dye inks & color kept fading . So I got rid of it..

AmyRo
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have 786 GB free on my hard drive (167 GB used), 31.9 GB of Ram usable (32 GB total Ram).  I went ahead and purged some files but I don't think it has anything to do with memory.

The problem with PS driver is I have no control in how a PDF prints (you can't tell it to autorotate w/ 24" or 36" roll).  So, things get cut off and the print doesn't come out right even if the preview looks correct.  HPGL2 driver allows you to do that so it works really well other than being super bogged down.  

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok.. you got plenty of hd space...yes, if not enough hd space & photoshop will run very very slow & even

give warning  .also when printing, printer go very slow  , like turtles....This problem more noticeable in XP & I must manually

set the virtual memory to max 4096mb?        Windows 7 was greatly improved....

I am using an Intel I7 quad with 12gb ram & 256gb ssd for boot up & 3 1TB sshd  for storage.

any driver has    custom option to define print media sizes....

Use   adobe photoshop    to open & edit pdf files, also edit the correct size, dpi, brightness, contrast etc.

Myself use Photoshop cs5, Photoshop 2018 cc  , daily & many hours....

Your print images were cut off, which means you could not       define image print size correctly & print.

you must use              custom   option to set the media  width, high, print quality, paper rotate  etc etc.

Otherwise you will be driven nuts & wasted lots of valueable medias..

good luck & hope you find a solution to the problem...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation