Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

This is my fist post on a forum so please excuse me if I don't give the details correctly.

I have an HP DesignJet T520 for over 2 years now and it worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago. The issues is that when I try to print the "currently loaded paper" section in the paper quality tab (please see attachment) is not filled in and if I print in this way the printing fails. After I do  a power off\on for the T520 I can print once or twice but after that it the printing fails. The paper size is detected by the printer and even if I reintroduce the paper to recalibrate it the printing still fails

The operationg system that I use is Windows 10 Pro 64bit, the printer has the latest firmware (installed in August 2018), driver used before the fail appeared is HP DesignJet T-Series PCL3 Driver 61.183.21507.100 Sep 19, 2018 and the printing is done via Network. I installed the the driver on other computers and still the same issue.

error.JPG

What I tried so far:

- using more versions of the driver

- hard reset

- checked LAN cable

- ping works with no package loss

- restarted the switch

- restarted the router

Did anyone have this issue? 

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue on our large-format plotter (HP Z6200). No success so far with similar troubleshooting. Have you found a solution since March?

Following for any updates.

HP Recommended

Hi lb_coppell,

I did not find a solution. Someone came and made some setting in the software, but the plotter works for 3 prints and then it needs to be restarted to work again.

I am very disappointed in HP because we have a T930 and after just 1 year of usage it gives a generic error, 79:04, and we cannot use it until it is fixed. HP does not know which component is the problem and so far we replaced the HDD but the error still persists. Now we are waiting for a reply to tell us which is the next move.

Hope you will find a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.