cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
FilipK
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP T610 "Preparing to print" every time on startup

HP Recommended
HP Designjet T610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I replaced some parts and components in HP Designjet T610 ploter, like printheads, belt, carriage small aprts, etc...

Now, every time I turn on printer, long process called "Preparing to print" which has 4 steps begins. It lasts 15-20 minutes.

During this process, printer is preparing system, clicking, moving carriage, paper etc. Simillar like first startup or after changing prinheads.

Does anyone can help about this issue?

Thanks,

Filip

5 REPLIES 5
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I encounter this just about everytime I work on one of these and it is a pain. Are you turning the plotter off using the front switch on the control panel or the switch in the back? I always recommend to keep the plotter on all the time. Check your users manual as there should be a sleep mode you can use.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
FilipK
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I always switch off in the front panel, then because the power supply is not stable, I turn off in the back.

I will try to switch off just using front panel.

So you think that if plotter is on all the time, in sleep mode, it will have no effect on plotter lifetime, inks, etc?

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I service these for big companies and all of them keep them on all the time. When the plotter is not being used very little current is used and unlike laser printers there are no timed actions which take place while they are on.

azmie_dpi
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The problem is carriage pca,replaced it..sure ok..make sure ph new not old ph.if ph old just replaced ph.
Prucker
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem: Preparing to print.
How can I find out if it's the printheads or carriage pca?
Is it relevant if the printheads are out of warranty?
Thank you very much.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation