Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I have a a HP Z3200 revA printer, with i defective mainboard or PCU. 
first the problem: when i power the printer on, i got a blanc screen and three beeps, 
After replacing the combo mainboard + PCU with a new one, the printer works again, but after a  few weeks i got the same problem. The replaced part was a new unused part but from 2015. The repair center claims the board isn't defect but something else ( they wouldn't change the part) while the HP technique says it's the replaced part because the components go died after that long period of inactivity. and second one because everything works fine for a few weeks without errors. Because HP doesn't got the parts anymore they can' give me any warranty,
Do some know what's going wrong the PCA or PCU? And which components on the board goes dead. So i can try to fix the board by new components.
Offcourse, some other suggestion for fixing the printer, just shoot

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @DavyS 

Is hard telling you why the Main PCA got damage pretty soon and I guess that either was defective from factory even that worked for few weeks as you said or other components connected to it damaged it.

HP parts have warranty and the repair center has to help you with that. 

There is no way to know which components in the board got damaged.

It is possible that the power supply unit caused the issue because it is connected to the Main PCA.

When did the original issue start? Did you had a power outrage or something like that?

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi @HarryCR
Thanks for the reply, i was hoping some component was a weakness point on the board. ( I got some failure is the past with other electronics and most of the time it were some capacitors that was faulty. or ones a burned switch.)

First the repair center want take the part back are change to a new one, they stlll claim the board is fine.
The issue: I was scrolling in the menu and want to print a diagnostic print, but the printer hangs. after waiting a while a haven to turn the printer of with the main switch,  After that i can't boot.

HP Recommended

No problem, maybe there is something specific in the board that doesn't work but there is no way to know if a capacitor or a resistance, that is why HP covers the whole part with their warranty when is a brand new part.

As per the description on how the issue started my guess is that the formatter-hard disk got defective, by any chance do you see LEDs on top of it to provide me their combination, usually there are 3 Leds in roman numbers.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.