cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
WANMatni
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Z6800: Paper Loaded Incorrectly - No paper loaded

HP Recommended
HP Z6800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, 

I've been running HP Designjets for about a decade now and this is a new one on me. My Z6800 is telling me my paper is loaded incorrectly but there is no media currently loaded. 

I've tried cleaning the paper advancer window and it's spotless. I can use a peice of card to trick the machine into thinking I've unloaded the media, but then the moment I try to load new media, it reverts back to saying it's incorectly loaded. 

I tried restarting the machine after tricking it as well and the same thing happens. 

Is it possibly something inside the machine tricking it into thinking there is media loaded? Or is my paper advance sensor died?

Matni

1 REPLY 1
WANMatni
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, so I think I've got it working [touch wood] 

I forced a piece of card through when clicking unload to trick it to thinking it had unloaded the media and reverted me to the normal menu screen. 

Then, I lifted the blue lever and manually loaded the media alighing it to the blue edge. Then I selected "Load Media" on the media menu. This loaded the media that I'd manually added. 

It's currently printing and seems to be ok. I'm a little concearned that this will happen when I try swapping media in a couple of hours and I still don't know the root cause of the problem if anyone can shed any light?

Matni

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation