cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Supra1995
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP designjet 1050c XP

HP Recommended
HP designjet 1050c
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Hi.

So i have recently bought the HP designjet 1050c plotter. I am trying to make it plot using my windows XP computer but somehow i cant make it work. 

I have downloaded the drivers from the HP website. 

Can somebody please explain to me how i install it? also which program to use when plotting. Is it correct that the plotter only works with PDF files? Which program should i use when plotting. 

So far i have managed to download the driver but i wont "talk" to my PC. 
When ever i try to plot something nothing happens. The printer says "ready" on the sceen
I am using a parallel cable connected directly from the plotter to the computer.

operations system ; Windows XP
Printer : HP designjet 1050c connecetd directly to the pc

Kind regards 

1 REPLY 1
speed143
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try connecting with n/w cable.or tryr with usb......i doubt if you have now parallel port in PC's.

if you have connected with parallel port. check if the cable is working...after installing the driver, try print windows test page...

if not check with other os like win7/8

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation