cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
LouisLac
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP designjet 111 prints grey lines purple

HP Recommended
Hp Designjet 111
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello I bought my Hp Designjet 111 second hand about a year ago which printed perfectly, after living 5 months abroad I came back to print some architecture plans for my class to find out that the grey lines come out in purple tone and the black lines still come out black, after reading some coments with a similar problem I cleaned my print heads and nothing changed. I bought a new black print head and still the my black lines come out in black and my grey ones in purple. 

If someone has any advice it would be very helpful,

Thank you in advance,

Louis

3 REPLIES 3
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,326 6,309 751 1,058
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can print 4 squares in 4 colours cyan, magenta, yellow and black.

Depending on the colour quality and print quality of each square you will need to replace printhead corresponding to the poor colour of one or more squares.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
LouisLac
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Is there a way that the printer can do that by its self or do I just have to print the 4 colors from a pdf?
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,326 6,309 751 1,058
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can download and install HP utility, but 4 colours any type of document use for testing purposes to determine what colour is poorly printed will be just fine.

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation