Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, We recently brought a new higher spec cad workstation which is running windows 10 (64 bit) with autocad LT 2018, this replaced a previous pc which also ran windows 10 (64 bit) with autocad LT 2018.
We have a HP designjet 500 plotter which worked perfectly when printing from the old pc but when i try to print from the new pc it freezes autocad or just won't find the printer. The printer will print a pdf etc so it still works but just not with autocad. I've asked autocad about this and they are saying it is a HP issue with drivers not being updated.

I've also unistalled the printer & drivers and tried re-installing with the newest drivers from HP which result in the printer now working at all. SO i've re-installed from windows update and it does print from a PDF.

Therefore has anyone found a solution to this problem of printing from autocad lt 2018 or can HP issue a new driver for the printer compatible with windws 10? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did you ever get a reply or solution to this problem? I am going through exactly the same thing.

So frustrating.

HP Recommended

No i haven't as yet. i just have to keep unplugging the USB printer cable when i'm not using it, this way when i pring in autoucad it doesn't try and find the printer and crash. It's so annoying but at least i can print from pdf's.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. I have requested a call back from autocad on this problem (due on wednesday) I'll let you know if I have any success. Meanwhile when setting up a plotter in page set up manager, I set the plotter to "None". You can still set up the paper sizes, then print to pdf. You can then sent the pdf to the plotter. A bit of a pain I know but at least you dont have to remove the cables every time.

HP Recommended

Did you get the problem fixed?  I am also in the same boat.  I and using my old CAD computer as a print server.  I keep the CAD updated to the same year that I use and it is on Windows 7.   I remote desktop in and open the file I want to print, its a pain but its kept me up and running.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem I have just fixed it by installing the plotter with a similar driver 

open options menu   select plot and publish click (add or configure plotter) then the plotters folder will be opened

open configure plotter then select yours and select hewlett packard if you search for dj500 you will not find it so select instead   designjet450 so it will work properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.