Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP 5500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried downloading the ones listed on this url (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpp03014#AbT1) but the link it broken.

Can anyone send me the media profiles for a HP designjet 5500?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

absolutely brilliant!, i downloaded this and upgraded my firmware, cant get any media profile updates for my  designjet 5500 though, do you know a link that actually works for the media profile updates too?

if so that would be brilliant!

thanks in advance.

Terry.

HP Recommended

ICC/Paper profiles under 5500 RTL Windows XP 32-bit--you have to look under older windows OSes:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-5500-printer-series/82218

HP Recommended

hi thanks for the quick reply,  i have windows 10 64bit, if i download and install some of the icc profiles for earlier os will they still work on windows 10?

thanks again your a great help.

HP Recommended

They are operating system independent.

Furthermore, installation instructions:

Your package contains a set of ".pdw" file and associated ICC profile. To install your "pdw" file,:

• Open your web browser and type the IP address for your printer.
  • Choose “Settings” tab and “Media profile update”
  • Choose “Browse” and select the download “pdw” file
  • Click the Update button. Wait as the download process may take some time.
  • Check to make sure the new Media Profile appears in the front panel list of your HPDesignjet 5500 Printer.
HP Recommended

hi, thanks for the reply, i managed to install all of the icc profiles under windows vista 64bit, thay all appear to be on the "choose media" selection on my printers screen so time will tell if they work , fingers crossed!, i am just about to test out some production polyester canvas 260gsm but not sure which icc profile to use as its my first time at printing canvas.

again thanks a lot for all the great help it is much appreciated.

HP Recommended

I don't know what is an appropriate media selection is for production polyester canvas 260gsm. I asked a buddy of mine. Waiting to hear back. You could ask the manufacturer. I think usually the manufacturer would know what media selection to make on an HP Designjet as they want users to make the best use of their media with satisfactory results.

Obviously, You could ask in the forum here.

HP Recommended

yes i think i will do, its all a learning curve thanks again.

HP Recommended

For what it's worth, D Hook in this forum says:

There should be a profile for canvas available for downloading but if not able to use that, I'd try heavy coated or poster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.