cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
barry1949
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP z3100 printhead issue

HP Recommended
Hp z3100 24 inch
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HI  My Z3100 repeatedly tells me to reseat the GE printhead. I cannot get past this point. All the printheads are new and there is ample ink in the cartridges. When I go through the process of reseating the printheads the printer display shows all the printheads except the G E printhead as flashing and shaded. The GE is clear. I`ve tried reseating one of them and all of them, cleaned the contacts. switched the printer on and off, unplugged it from the mains, all to no effect. Any help to get out of this printhead loop would be gratefully received.  Thanks  Barry

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First off this is now a very old plotter. Two items come to mind. First the printhead you are attempting to install has an issue and the only way to determine is to try another known good printhead.  Second the carriage assembly has an issue with the contacts in which  case the carriage assembly will need to be replaced. My money is on the printhead.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
barry1949
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David  

Thanks again for your information. I have tried yet another new printhead but encountered the same problem. The printer accepts the old printheads and prints normally except that the old printheads are partially blocked so I dont get clean output on all colours. Cant figure out why the old printheads reseat perfectly well yet the new ones don`t. I am trying to clean/clear the old printheads with limited success.

Cant spend any more money on this printer. Such a shame as everything else on the printer is ok. Also I cant find any updated firmware.  Currently running 6.0.0.8 and wondering if a firmware upgrade would make any difference.

Thanks   Barry

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation