cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
lcastric
Level 1
11 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP z3200 firmware install

HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z3200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Cannot install firmware using HP utility support/firmware upload dialogue. I've downloaded the latest firmware, and extracted the file. The utility will not load the file from Desktop, for example.

3 REPLIES 3
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

myself did it countless times & never seen  it...   I suspect you      browse   the wrong file....    it must be the unzip

one.   yes, you said extracted....     I think you browse to the wrong directory where the firmware was extracted.

do it again, slowly & carefully.  not from the web browser....

utility... click your printer...... support..... firmware update... ignore the browser.......   firmware update.....  browse

... where your unzip     firmware.....

wait  .....  if success & printer will start by itslef.... hourglass counts up to 100%    ...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kspl
Level 3
64 35 4 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ever figure this out? I've got the same problem. Everything in the extracted firmware file is greyed out so I can't select. 

@lcastric wrote:

Cannot install firmware using HP utility support/firmware upload dialogue. I've downloaded the latest firmware, and extracted the file. The utility will not load the file from Desktop, for example.

lcastric
Author
Level 1
11 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. Embarassing. Finally I looked at the file type dropdown menu and it showed 'pdf'. I changed that to 'all files' and boom!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation