Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2410
Microsoft Windows Vista

Steps and Symtoms

1. Turn Power on power
  2. Seems OK but 1 ink cartridge light is on
  3. Seconds later, a sheet of paper loads 1/2 way into the printer
  4. As soon as the paper stops at the halfway point, the attention starts light flashing (note cartridge light still on)
  5. At this point, the printer is unresponsive to all inputs
  6. Even the HP Print and Scan diagnostic software gives up
  7. Steps 1 through 6 recur after unplugging the power and restoring it 30 seconds later
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mastromark

You can try reinstalling the cartridges and check. 

Next restore the original factory settings and check if that helps. You can perform this process from the front panel

1 Press Setup. 2 Press 5, then press 3. This selects Tools, and then selects Restore Factory Defaults. The factory default settings are restored

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Printer Upgrade options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the input... unfortunately, i gave up on the HP2410  printer.  i purchased it in 2010.   my friends were amazed that it lasted that long.  i hope my new HP Officejet 5283 performs as well.

HP Recommended

@mastromark

Thanks for keeping me posted 😊

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help with your HP Printer 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.