cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
grtwldo
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP500 Plotter printer orientation

HP Recommended
Design Jet HP500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our plotter wants to only print in landscape and regardless of our manipulations we cannot get it to print in portrait, which has always been the default since we use 36" rolls.

Any help is appreciated. I use this plotter a lot and taking our printing off site can be expensive and time consuming.

4 REPLIES 4
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Myself been use DJ500 since year 2000 & never seen problem like you mentioned.

I use    Windows 7  & Adobe Photoshop cs5   . Other programs or OS  might be different.

For example, suppose you want to print 36x48.. check & make sure your image is 36" x 48" in portrait mode... 

( other roll size like   24" 36" 42" etc etc , same )

click       print   printer setting >  on paper, pick    custom option >   enter paper size, width 36"

then on length    enter 48  ,     portrait mode . Then chose quality ..   then save  & return to printer setting

screen...    check icc profile...  media type   etc ... look at the preview block & see your image is within the block properly.

otherwise... wrong & re-check.
( also check & make sure   no   auto rotate )

(  keep 2 inches extra for margins, othersie image will be smaller or

you might get a warning )

if you prefer to set printer print in portrait mode.... can go to printer control panel >>   print preference   >> enter above

way to define your paper size.....    then    apply  

All steps should be very simple & easy... nothing complicated...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
grtwldo
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Jasonmiamifl. The steps you point out are used regularily but for some reason they don't respond how they have in the past. I'm going to turn this over to our tech to see if he can figure it out. Appreciate the time you spent replying.

grtwldo

D Hook
Level 7
873 820 36 100
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Like Jason said, be sure "Auto Rotate" is off (not checked) in the properties.  If it is, it will mess with your margins.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe the person posted was not the operator & had no idea what was happening...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation