perthblue1960
Level 3
36 28 3 2
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

HPDesignjet 800 79:04 firmware error

HP Recommended

Hi all

HPDesignjet 800 79:04 firmware error before printing a job..not in itself unusual..however it`s followed by this

Assertion failed

Task T switcher

file RedSPc.

line 4761

I have never seen this before..any suggsetions?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
HarryCR
Level 4
Level 4
80 79 5 6
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @perthblue1960 

The 79:04 Error is a generic one, so the printer doesn't exactly know what is happening. If this is happening only while processing a job there is a possibility that the formatter is defective however my suggestion is to try printing a different job and if the same happens then make sure that the driver is the latest one and check the status of the printheads and cartridges.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,228 7,154 760 1,968
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with @HarryCR try printing a different print job to see if you get the same errors. Could be a corrupted print job.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
rubensanchez01
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try to use the DJ500 PCL driver....

Before I used DJ500 since year 2001 & saw this error code....

0 Kudos
perthblue1960
Author
Level 3
36 28 3 2
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi to all...just an update...I have proven that the error only appears when a job is sent across the network..by that I mean with the network cable disconnected you can boot and all internal and any usb printing is fine....so I am thinking next culprit network card..or formatter..I will update as I go.

0 Kudos
piano999
Level 2
15 9 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's a printhead error. It will be cured if you replace it.

0 Kudos
perthblue1960
Author
Level 3
36 28 3 2
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Piano999...how does a faulty printhead manage to print ok via usb..and the internal prints?

0 Kudos
piano999
Level 2
15 9 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know which head is abnormal. It will definitely improve if you replace them all.

0 Kudos
HarryCR
Level 4
Level 4
80 79 5 6
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @perthblue1960 

If the printer gets ready and you can print without the network cable connected that means that the Nic, network card or jetdirect is defective, and definitely is not  a printhead issue @piano999 because the machine prints fine when disconnected from the network. @perthblue1960 I suggest you don't replacing any printheads if from usb or internally the machine works fine.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
perthblue1960
Author
Level 3
36 28 3 2
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so just to update...I replaced the network card..however unable to configure dhcp for some reason...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation