Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp scitex fb 750

how do i fix horizontal banding? i have done the media feed calibrations and they look good when they come out, but when i go to do a real print these lines show up. PLEASE HELP

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You might try  clean all printhead first, then do   printhead alignment....   I seen this problem on my Z3100....

also print quality in   best..

good luck.

HP Recommended

Are you talking about striations, or a dirty head?  If striations, if you don't have the radom error diffusion settings within the program your using for color correction set correctly, this can happen..  

If you tried cleaning the print head and that didn't resolve, try changing print cartrage, if running on tanks fead with a line, try flushing those out..

If all else fails, go back to the photo program and use a minimal gaussion blur,..

Outside chance, ..the paper settings are set wrong for the type of subsrate/paper?  maybe the test you've run doesn't show the same as what your saturation rate is as different on the graphic image your trying to output.. Long Shot!

Kind Regards, and best of wishes!  Mike

HP Recommended

I google the  hp Scitex fb 750  & it is a much newer & advance commercial grade printer. I was impressed & wish someday I could have my hand work on one in near future..

On Z3100, Z3200 menu, on image quality option, there is a option to clean     printheads.. Whenever I encounter print

quality problems, I always go there first, clean the printheads,    then print a diagnostic print to check all colors. It

is the quickest way to find out what might be the problems. then I perform printhead alignment....

Printheads were #1  troublesome , in my own opion...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.