Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T7100

Hi

How long are T7100 ink cartridges supposed to last for?

Does the clock only start ticking once the new cartridge is inserted in to the plotter? We are constantly having to relace near full cartridges, or risk invalidating the warranty if we should override the system.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can't tell, but I would recommend replacing them with fresh ones.

You are fine, the problem would be if the cartridge expires in 2020 and printer informs you that it needs to be replaced.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Each cartridge should have an end of warranty date stamped on it so users can see out of warranty date, also that date is incorporated in cartridges chip so the printer can see the out of warranty date and inform the customer.

The clock starts ticking after the cartridge is assembled, but out of warranty date should be like 2 years when cartridge leaves the factory.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks Valsimot.

I have checked the dates on our cartridges and one dated july 2016, the plotter registered expired last week, while one dated july 2017, the plotter registered expired just a few weeks before. How could that happen?

HP Recommended

Can't tell, but I would recommend replacing them with fresh ones.

You are fine, the problem would be if the cartridge expires in 2020 and printer informs you that it needs to be replaced.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thats reassuring. Many thanks Valsimot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.