Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 500-24
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to update the firmware in my HP DesignJet 500 42 C7770B via USB (the printer does not have the HPGL/2 card) and it says to contact HP Support if the firmware is below A02.06 I am supposed to contact HP Support. Well my firmware is below

A02.06 as it is A02.03 so I need an upgrade to get it to at least A02.06

I am unable to find anywhere a source of firmware to upgrade my unit from A02.03 to A02.06 or higher.

All of  the sources that I can find point me to a zip download labeled:

HP_Design_Jet_500_800_FU_38.zip

Even those in the forum that have indicated links the point to older firmware (for use with XP) end up pointing to the above file as all of the files I have found have the exact same checksum.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There is a firmware version A.04.02. available for download from HP for Windows XP and Vista only.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-500-printer-series/25301 

For later OS there is only A.05.01 version available for download.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I went to the link you provided. There is no firmware available of any kind on that link, only drivers.

If you would please read  my entire post my problem is that my firmware (currently A02.03) MUST be greater than A04.06 in order to install the latest firmware.

I need to be able to upgrade from A02.03 to something equal to or greater than A02.06 to upgrade further as when I try the latest firmware the message from the firmware says that I must be at A02.06 to continue. Again for reference I do NOT have a HPGL/2 card installed, only a network adapter card.

Thank you

Sam

HP Recommended

Screenshot from 2019-12-22 12:29:27.png

That's screenshot from the link provided, the firmware is available for download, you need to choose Windows XP or Windows Vista to be able to download firmware version A.04.02 first.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.