Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to turn off web  services printing and can't figure out how.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@khafeken 

Open website:  HP Connected 

Open category How to > Turning On Web Services  (Includes “Turn off Web Services” help)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you but that does not work

HP Recommended

@khafeken 

You are welcome.

Web Services is a toggle on your printer control panel.

Odd that it cannot be switched off.

Read the User Guide - Chapter 6 - Use Web Services - starting on Page 46

If the printer is on the network, try / consider:

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

EWS_8630_Web-Services_Remove_1EWS_8630_Web-Services_Remove_1

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series

If I have anything to add, I will post back.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

When I type the IP in it always times out.

HP Recommended

@khafeken 

The Embedded Web Server only works for a printer that is connected to your network by one of the methods described in the User Guide.  If the printer is not on the network you cannot use the EWS method.

The only other thing I can offer is to use the controls on the printer control panel to toggle Web Services to off.

Sorry I could not help.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thank you for trying

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.