Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T920
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

I have a T920 plotter. Previously, I got many ink cartridges (2-3 packs)for it but nearly all of them expired by 2-3 days. I would like to use them because the ink levels are 90% or above. I don't want to throw it to the trash as they are so expensive in a one-person company. Is it possible somehow to overwrite the expiration date of the and continue using it?

I can send print jobs to the plotter but it doesn’t do anything. It has a yelow triangle at the bottom of all colors. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The data about ink level and expiration date are stored on the integrated circuit ( chip) that is on the ink cartridge. There is no option to bypass or overwrite data on the chip unless you remove the original chip buy and replace with aftermarket chip for each ink cartridge.

The reason why printer stops when ink cartridge expires is that in the expired ink cartridge chemicals in ink liquid may cause poor print quality and defect on printers printhead

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.