Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp 6100 officejet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, I had the opportunity to recover the printer in question, because my company was scrapping it, my question is this is it possible to print front and back automatically?
The printer is networked with windows 10 64 bit.
Thanks
Greetings.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There's usually a rectangular "box" attached to the back of the printer, which is the duplexer that turns the paper over for printing on other side.

There's also usually a button on the front or in the front menu for setting up two-sided printing/copying.

Here's a forum that might help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/bd-p/Scan

It's made for asking questions about desk top printers.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your replies, I have uninstalled the hp drivers. Now I am using the windows drivers, but the problem remains, there is no double sided printing function. Behind the printer there is only a cover to close, there is no duplex. I searched the web but couldn't find the duplex to buy. It seems strange to me that an office printer cannot do automatic front and back. Do you know where I can find the duplex? Thanks

HP Recommended

Did you look for the feature listed in the menu on the front panel?

You might want to look at the driver you loaded.  Maybe the page setup will refer to tow-sided printing as an option.

The door on the back is a paper clean out door and is usually removeable on duplex printers to be able to fully attach the duplexer.  If you're is hinges, it may not be able to take a duplexer.

Let us know what you find.

HP Recommended
Hi and thanks for the help. Excuse my english. In the windows drivers I have enabled front and back printing, but if I print 2 pages come out. behind the printer there is a door, but no box. I searched the web if I could find the duplex, but found nothing.
Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm afraid that without the box you can't do duplex (double-sided) printing.

Here's one on ebay right now for $15.  But you'll want to do some research and be sure it will fit your printer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Officejet-6100-Duplexer/323820710545?hash=item4b6537ea91:g:m6UAAOSwT5tc7...

Best to go by the HP product number on your printer.  Depending on how old your printer is, they may have a newer printer that goes by the same name (Officejet 6100) but is actually different than yours.

Also, go on the HP website and do a search for your printer and check out the specifications and features, maybe download the operators manual before buying anything, just to be sure you're able to use a duplexer.  I'm not familiar with that particular Officejet.  Mine is a 7780 and I also have an Officejet 9130, probably the best Officejet printer they ever made.  The 7780 is a close second.  It's wireless and ink and printheads are cheap and they run forever.  The 9130 is much older, heavier because they used less plastic parts and also cheaper to operate.  More importantly, they both do double-sided scanning also, which is almost impossible to find on printers these days.  But you have to jump through some hoops to make it work with Windows 7.  Won't even attempt on Win 10.

Let us know what you find.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.