cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
imisi
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hp 7740 cartridge leaking error message

HP Recommended
Hp Office Jet Pro 7740

When printer is turned on LCD displays message that - remove the cartridge anch check for leaks. Check on cartridges did not detect any leaking cartridge.

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 10,671 1,170 2,519
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @misi,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding the printer showing errors that the cartridge is leaking. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you check if it works correctly by replacing ink cartridges?
  • Did this occur after a power outage or surge?

For a start please perform these steps:

Please make 2 copies directly from the printer and check if it copies fine.

If it does, please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768... perform only step 1 and check again if it is resolved. Otherwise please perform all the relevant steps for print quality issues as the error is cartridge related. Then check by printing if the issue gets resolved.

Otherwise, the printer could have a hardware issue (printhead or cartridges could be faulty) and may need to be replaced by contacting HP support.

It is better to get the printer replaced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Firehead
1 1 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem with a brand new printer right out of the box 😞

asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,444 1,436 1,740
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Firehead

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation