cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
DarioCdj
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Hp Designjet 455CA Error 3 leds on

HP Recommended
DJ 455 CA

Hello guys, i've just change belt to my hp dj455ca following some videos found on inet. If i try to move head it moves (and belt moves too) so i think that it is replaced correctly.

When i power on plotter, after the test,  3 orange leds power fixed on on the right, cartdrige - data - support. If i click on "cancel" button only "support" orange led remain powered and "align support" green led on the left power on. 

If i try to insert paper and click on button to start the load of paper nothing move.

If i manually put the head in the middle, when i power on i listen like a "trying" to move cartdrige and head but it rest in the same position. 

Oh, when i finished to replace belt, I've seen that a little iron thing is not at his position (i have no idea from where it come). I attach the photo, pheraps someone know where it goes and if it is necessary to start plotter (pheraps some contact?)

Thanks everybody for help.

Dario

1.jpg2.jpg

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,349 6,332 755 1,063
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Double check carriage movement, use your hands to move printheads from left to right, it should go easy. Check encoder strip if inserted properly. Whey you power printer check for movement of the carriage motor, remove the belt from motor, and check does it turns after power on without belt. Check big spring on motor assy.

The unknown part you removed on the left side of the printer after removing encoder strip, the hole on the unknown part and the hole on the left end of encoder strip are together screwed.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DarioCdj2
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok now i can move printheads from left to right, it goes better. I've also fixed the unknow part. Now when i powered on i see printhead moving from left to right.... and then move motor for advancing paper... but after a while 3leds powered on again....  very frustrated 😞

Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,349 6,332 755 1,063
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You still have some error, when 3 LEDs are ON you need to press cancel and let us know what LEDs are on or blinking this is a secondary error.

My profile on LinkedIn

DarioCdj2
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, SUPPORT orange leds is powered on when i click "cancel".

And then on the left green "ready" and "align support" is powered on.

Thanks
Dario

Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,349 6,332 755 1,063
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is copy/paste from the service manual:

Something is causing excessive friction in the Y-axis (carriage axis)

The carriage touches the bail as it moves.

You still have some issue with carriage movement.

Have you cleaned and lubricated carriage rod?

My profile on LinkedIn

DarioCdj2
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes cleaned and lubricated, but something is broken in the printhead i suppose. If i decide to fix it where i can find a printhead and support for paper?
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation