Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet z6100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During start up, loading screen will not go past 1%, even attempting to boot into troubleshooting mode. Tried 2 different HDD. My main board is brand new. I have tried unplugging for the 60 seconds as suggested through troubleshooting. Please help. I have uploaded  an old spec screen of my unit. 

20200415_142312.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for all you help! Issue was the HDD. Replaced it with a new one, and it booted right up. Thanks again

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Did you use HDD from different working printer Z6100? Can you take a screen of your current issue?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, the hdd was a backup I used in this printer about 6 months ago. I also might add I get 2 beeps instead of 1 during startup. On this community, others have resolved the 2 beeps issue with a new HDD, but I'm not sure.

20200818_103413.jpg

HP Recommended

That is not 1%, that is only 1 ( 1of 30) stage of printer initialization, the HDD is involved in later stages.

The 1 on the screen combined with only one beeping sound smells like a mainboard to me. Try device without the HDD if there is no change in the boot process the HDD is probably fine.

Try to check all connections on mainboard, ram, plugs, CPU, check capacitors on mainboard, cables.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

That strange as the main board is only a few months old

HP Recommended

I removed HDD, started up machine, got 2 beeps, the the fax sound, then the 8 long beeps. Could it be bad ram, since the new board i got recieved the ram from the old board?

HP Recommended

Strange, the main board is only a few months old. I removed HDD, started up machine, got 2 beeps, the the fax sound, then the 8 long beeps. Could it be bad ram, since the new board i got recieved the ram from the old board?

HP Recommended

Thanks for all you help! Issue was the HDD. Replaced it with a new one, and it booted right up. Thanks again

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.