cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
barry1949
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp Z3100 printing issue

HP Recommended
Hp Z3100
macOS 10.12 Sierra

HI

My Hp Z3100 has been unused for too long. At long last I have replaced the carriage belt with no issues. Now when I try to print from the printer panel I only get print from the two black inks. The print in black seems perfectly ok.  Absolutely nothing at all  from the colours. Printheads are all showing OK on the printhead checklist. I have not linked the printer  to my computer. I have done everything recommended  but cant work out why I am not getting any colour printed. Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks  Barry1949

4 REPLIES 4
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds to be like the printheads have dried out. To test remove each printhead and press the bottom of the head against a damp paper towel. If you do not get 2 full lines then the heads will need to be replaced.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
barry1949
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  

Many thanks for the reply. I have tried the print heads on a damp paper towel and I am getting two ink  lines from each printhead.  What I find strange is when I print a diagnostic It shows no colour at all - absoluety nothing. I would have thought that it would at least print some colour showing faulty printheads for instance.  The printhead check on the lcd panel shows them all as ok, is this reliable? 

Thanks  Barry

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To be honest I have no idea what is happening. One thing you could try is to do a firmware update since when you do the update it will cause the plotter to reset to factory defaults. If it still happens after the update, I would try 1 new printhead for any of the colors to see if you now get color for that printhead. When you changed the belt did you remove the trailing cable of the carriage assembly with the carriage or did you dsconnect the cable at the carriage side and the left side. If you removed it at the carriage side I would recheck those connections. You would normally get a trailing cable error if not connected correctly but I would check anyway.

barry1949
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  Thanks again for taking an interest. I will update the firmware and go back to the factory default setting. Failing that I think your idea of trying one new printhead is worthwhile.  I will let you know how I get on.  Thanks again, Barry

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation