Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z6200

Hp Z6200 plotter. lcd screen blank, beeps 5 times, no boot up.

Install new hard drive

reseated all Boards and cables.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I replaced Formatter board, with new harddrive (newer FW on drive). Plotter booted, but showed problem reading hard drive. I replaced new hard drive with orginial one. Plotter is up and running.

So the issue was the formatter was bad, and not the harddrive according to the light indicators. Researching the BIOS beeps, I am finding out that 5 beeps indicates memory problems. Is it possible to locate on the board where the memory problem is.

Issue is sloved.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

See if the attached helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you !!

This is what I was searching for! 

I will take a look today!

HP Recommended

I see the following

Power

amber off, blue on. green off

formatter

1 on, 2 flashing, 3 off

front panel

screen not showing, power button flashing

I installed HD yesterday, ( (Reseated all boads and plugs yesterday) ) I do hear two clicks on harddrive) but didnot reseat it's power plug in power unit.

I have to remove the unit to get to plug

HP Recommended

Where did you get the hard drive. Was it from hp or another source and did it come in an hp box or something elsel

HP Recommended

Amazon..Company called Boracell

no HP box

I know..I know..

HP Recommended

What are the chances that the Formatter board is bad? That is my next step, but can't find one on anywhere.

HP Recommended

I replaced Formatter board, with new harddrive (newer FW on drive). Plotter booted, but showed problem reading hard drive. I replaced new hard drive with orginial one. Plotter is up and running.

So the issue was the formatter was bad, and not the harddrive according to the light indicators. Researching the BIOS beeps, I am finding out that 5 beeps indicates memory problems. Is it possible to locate on the board where the memory problem is.

Issue is sloved.

HP Recommended

It has been a while but I think the formatter was a standard ATX intel motherboard that hp put special bios to use as the main board. If your board has a cpu fan and some pci slots just look for the 2 black slots that have memory. You may only have 1 memory dimm installed but there are 2 slots. If in fact the beeps are for memory then just replace the memory with like dimms which are very cheap and abundant out there since it used older memory not used anymore.

HP Recommended

This is the board, there is one Dimm slot, but there was never a chip in it.20171208_064557_top.jpg20171208_064557_bottom.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.