cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
artandsoul
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp designjet 5000 trailing cable

HP Recommended
hp designjet 5000

Hi

my  desingjet 5000 42inch printer came up saying trailing cable error , has this happened to anybody else before and could anybody give me any advise on what to do , will i have to replace the trailing cable ? i have looked online and they are availible to buy ,iam just worried that it is a big job and i will struggle replacing it , Has anybody had any experience replacing a trailing cable before ?

any advise or help anybody can give me would be greatly appreciated . Iam looking at various trailing cables and the costs for them depending on where i buy it differs alot from £15 upto £135 . which makes me wonder if this makes a difference also , 

thanks

nixk

1 REPLY 1
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,318 6,301 751 1,057
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing trailing cable on DJ5000 series isn't hard if you are handy with tools. Check the service manual for detailed steps. When you remove covers you have done like 80% of the job, take care when connecting back cables not to damage them or bend.

About the price is hard to tell, the original is expensive, compatibles are cheaper, They both wear, and tear. I would go with the cheaper one (not the cheapest ) 

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation