Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

hello i am having an*** issue. ive already cleaned my vacuum holes and the printer is clean. my 560 only jams on thin substrate like adhesive vinyl 3m and briteline. how did you fix yours?

edited**

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, So I didn't ever find a official issue or statement on how to fix it , but by my experience I learned that it had to be the roll of vinyl itself ( 3m ij180 CV3 ), I noticed a weak spot on the liner of the vinyl I could faintly see it through the front of the vinyl, also when I laminated and for some reason I believe is caused the feeding of the material to roll up improperly creating media head jams. for me it was around 9ft to 10ft every time. I ended up using that roll for small run jobs. I also use edge guards  more often then I use to but make sure not to but it to close to the material. I  hope this helps I know it sounds weird but I run hundreds of rolls on that printer and for something to just start happening from the printer only a year old didn't seem fair to blame  just the printer. I put the same material new roll on it worked just fine after. I also did a good cleaning and material calibration before I found the flaw in the vinyl and it didn't help. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

There is also a separate community for our Latex Printers so you might get more detailed responses there. You can find it here: HP Latex Knowledge Center.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.