cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Mcdonoughlisa68
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp office jet printer Print head problem

HP Recommended
Hp office jet pro
Purchase this printer for my son who rarely used it. This product was purchased two years ago. I went to make a copy of something today and received an error message that there was an issue with the printhead. I called customer support who said that this printer is out of warranty. She said that because I left the ink in Past the expiration date it ruined the printhead so the bottom line is I have a machine that I paid a lot of money for, it was rarely used in the two years I've had it, and now has a mechanical issue, and instead of good customer service I am told they cannot do anything for me.
1 REPLY 1
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 36 101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ink jet printers don't like to be left unused for an extended period as the printhead will dry out eventually and clog up.  You may have to purchase a new printhead and possibly new cartridges.  What's the model number?  What was the error message?

I would check Ebay for buying.   I've had several Officejet all-in-one pinters over the years and only problem I've ever had was when the printhead would wear out and need replacing.  Considered normal wear and tear and a consumeable part of the printer.  I'm not sure any manufacturer covers ink supply items as part of the machine's warranty.  But they do warranty the printheads/cartridges when you buy them.  I think it's for a year.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation