Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp officejwt 6500a e710a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
No matter what I do, I cant get this printer to get out of now printing status, nothing will print and I have tried everything I could think of to fix it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Simon31392, It's great to hear from you again. 

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Did you try the steps recommended in my previous thread?

If you have tried the steps and if the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Simon31392, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues printing from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Try the steps recommended below.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once that is done:
Turn off the printer and every computer or mobile device on your network that is capable of sending documents to the printer.
Wait one minute.
Turn the printer back on and wait another minute.
If the printer goes to its main screen then try to make a copy. If this does not print then we know you have a hardware issue. Please let me know and I'll provide more direction. If not then please continue with the rest of the directions listed here.
Turn on a single computer or mobile device. Wait until after it finishes initializing and then wait another five minutes.
If the printer displays the "Now Printing" message then you have found a device that has a document stuck in a print queue. Note what the device is (because I may need to know what it is), turn that device off, wait a few minutes, and continue turning on the other devices.

Also, try updating the printer firmware using this link.

Let me know if this works! 

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
My printer wont make a copy either. It says its copying, but does nothing
HP Recommended

@Simon31392, It's great to hear from you again. 

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Did you try the steps recommended in my previous thread?

If you have tried the steps and if the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.