cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
arunasd88
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Hp x2 10-n123dx OS issue

HP Recommended
Pavilion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi.
I have hp x2 10-n123dx detachable laptop. Couple of days ago it gives me a boot error saying to install the system with an external disk or contact the product manufacturer. It has only one usb port and no rom is available. However I tried to install windows 10 64bit with a flash drive. No one was able to install the system. Does anyone know what can I do? Please advise
5 REPLIES 5
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,883 206 528
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

First thing may be to run a Diagnostic on the hardware, in case of premature failure (ESC F2).

Then I would use Microsoft Creator Tool to make a flash drive for repair and/or re-install, you may already have tried this.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
and a HOW2 is here...
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-windows-10-from-usb

If in doubt please ask.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
arunasd88
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi
I have already diagnosed premature hardware failure. Computer says that hard is ok. But still windows installation runs only up to a certain level. On the half way it gives an error message.
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,883 206 528
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Well repeatedly pressing F11 should put you back to Factory Fresh wiping everything.

arunasd88
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi
With a bootable flash drive windows installation runs only upto partitioning poin. There are four partitions and only one is allowed at least to format. Once that one is formatted windows installation runs little far and then gives an error. Since now I have removed the original windows files from the machine does it make a difference continue tapping of F11?
arunasd88
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This one is hp detachable tablet. Has an onboard hard with 64GB. Only single USB port is available. Please advise.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation