cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Lila19
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp8600 doesen't align

HP Recommended
Printer 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Thank you in advance.

I cant align my printer Hp 8600 plus.

I've tryed several times, include with some tips from the forum. and changed the inks...

This message appear:

Paper Mismatch

Paper detect does not match paper size or type selected.

Make sure the paper size or type is correct to continue the job.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 20,289 1,399 2,377
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lila19,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand that you are unable to align the printer and it is giving paper mismatch error.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer.

You can follow the below steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Reset the printer.

Turning the printer off, and then on again might resolve an Alignment failed error message.

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
  • If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.
  • Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists refer to this article and check the solution three section to make sure you are loading the paper correctly.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Have a great day! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation