Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z6200 42-in Photo Production Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP DesignJet Z6200 42-in Photo Production Printer that is generating the following error.  Could someone give me the basics on this? Is this easily fixed? Thank you! 

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I can see something in the text that says the ISS cable is not connected.

Has any work been done on the printer lately?

I would start by checking the cable connections first.

it's also showing an "Info-Customer Code" error of 24:10,  which is a broken bag error.  From the service manual:

SE 24:10
Cause: A broken bag has been detected in one of the Ink Cartridges
Solution: Try the following:
● Press Down + Cancel to see which cartridges have a broken bag. Remove the affected cartridges,
shake each one three times within 2 seconds through a distance of about 40 cm, and check
whether the cartridge air tower is contaminated with ink. If at least one cartridge is contaminated,
replace the Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable Ink Supply Tubes and Trailing Cable
on page 265.
NOTE: If the Ink Supply Tubes are to be replaced, the Ink Cartridges need to be checked
beforehand to see if they are capable of purging the new tubes. If they are not, new Ink
Cartridges must also be sent with the parts to be replaced. To check the Ink Cartridges, see Check
ink supplies on page 93.
● If no cartridge seems contaminated, follow the broken bag recovery procedure for more
information Recover broken bag on page 95.

So you'll want to inspect the ink supply system to see if there are any leaks also.  Recovery from a broken bag error can sometimes be tricky.  I had one recently on a 4500 and turns out there was no evidence of a broken bag and the ink system appeared to be fine but clearing the code involved finally resetting the EEROM,  losing all previous job info and useage info like amount of paper/ink used.  Don't know if that's important to your operation or business or not.

Service manual is available online if you google Z6200 Service Manual.  The problem isn't fatal but you'll want to check the manual and be sure you understand the steps in clearing the error or resetting the EEROM.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience will chime in for possible causes/solutions.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.