cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
SWaldman
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I just changed printheads. Now I can't get into print utility, manual feed light keeps flashing...

HP Recommended
HP Designjet 130
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

After I changed printheads and closed the cover, the printer kept clicking and sliding "back and forth".  I loaded a sheet of paper manually, and the printer seemed to start printing a test pattern, but never finished it before ejecting.  It's been doing just that since, with the paper Feeding Button/light flashing.  I've turned the printer off and back on, and the flashing light returns.  I tried to get into utilities window, but the only computer pop up I get reads that it cannot locate my printer's utilities.

1 REPLY 1
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the test pattern have any print on it and possiblity an X in the right margin by the last line that prints. If it does then your printhead calibration has failed and you need to look at the color boxes above if you have any and see which color is missing. Just because you replace the heads does not mean that all 6 hears were good. If you can post a copy of the sheet that it prints. Also if it is the sheet I think it is, you need to hit the cancel button each time it starts to print as will attempt to print 3 times before it stops.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation