cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
sakinah
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

INK MARK...

HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z2100 44in Photo

Dear All,

My printer is HP Designjet Z2100 44in Photo PCL3,

i have problem on printing

there are ink mark that i dont want it on my printing paper after done the printing.

every time i print the mark was not same. its like ink dirty.

what did i need to do, is it because of 4 or 5 days not use the printer?

1.jpg

2.jpg 

may you see the problem on the picture . the circle one was the problem arise, before this no problem.

thanks for your support Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
cyun
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 7
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

do you print heavily or having frequent paper jam recently? have you tested if this happened on other paper type too?

Suspecting that the dirty marks caused by the ink stain on paper feed roller or the ink residue on carriage or printhead. Can you try to clean these two parts and see if the problem remain?

you might also need to check the service station and left spitoon if they are dirty which potentially contaminate the carriage and printheads.

Hope my suggestion is helpful.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

For the Designjet Series 2100 / 3100 series this issue is noticed on the right and left side of the printing.

This is also know as stitching marks, caused by the ink accumulation on the service station ( Right side) and on the Spitton ( Left side) of the plotter.  

Suggestion:

Check for dry / thick accumulation in these two places - the left side can be cleaned , whereas the right service station cannot be, and has to be replaced.

check for ink accumulation beneth the Carriage assy, remove all print heads and check the nozzel part ( Bottom of PH) for any dry ink struck beneth and clean with a Damp cloth.

can initiate a Print head cleaning from the front panel > Ink menu > Clean Print head.

Check if the media is getting lifted near the platen area and is not passing through the star wheel assy freely.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijay.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation