Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Deksjet Ink Advantage 2645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I purchased this printer in Saudi Arabia then the original ink cartridge is 650 black/ coloured. Now I moved  in the Philippines and recently bought HP 678 cartridge as a compatible replacement. However after installing it says that "incompatible cartridge". How do I make this work? please help me what to do, this printer is for education purposes of my children. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Emily281, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Emily281, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, can i have your help, same issue, i have my printer HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 4670 SERIES, pls send me procedure on how reset the code for my printer.. Printer is from Australia moved to Philippines with matched cartridge 680 which compatible with printer.. Thank you. 

HP Recommended

@randz85 Welcome to HP Community!

If you've purchased the printer in one country/region and moved to another, the printer will require a regional reset, in order to get the cartridges working from the new region, that said, here's what I recommend:

You may send a private message to the HP Facebook Team: https://www.facebook.com/HPSupport/  for a faster response. If you've already attempted the same and need a response here, I'll need a few more details, 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions.

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.