cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Lugnut42-Steel_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Inconsistent Roll Paper Size

HP Recommended
HP T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We are having a new issue with printing recently. When attempting to print Arch D size on 24 inch wide rolls, we get the error " (drawing name) requires to be printed on 24.72 in. but the printer is currently using 23.276 in.. Please choose among these options." We can plot by selecting Print Anyway, but this is slowing us down with as many prints as we are running, because you have to do it for each page. However, the last roll we put in was a different Lot #, 0465610092, and it appears the problems were all with Lot # 4263410042 rolls. This new roll (actually older stock) has no issues, and when we measure the width, lo and behold the width is right at 24 inches, while the problem rolls were about 1/8" less. The dimensions in the error message don't actually appear to reflect reality anyway, not sure where they come from. 

My questions are these :

Is there a known production problem with HP Roll Paper sizes? Notably the lot number above?

If so, can we have our stock of the "bad" size replaced, and by whom?

Is there a one-time setting which can be adjusted to accomodate the slightly smaller roll?

Thank You, Mark

1 REPLY 1
CADDCraft
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been experience the same issue with HP Q1397A 36" wide rolls on HP T2500 large format printer . The rolls are 1/8 to 1/4" less than 36" width. This is forcing D size prints to rotate to portrait when printing & wasting 12"x36" paper on one side. Also I have to trim all prints.

I have looked at  changing plot setting to resolve this, but I'm working from old printer driver due to the last 2 driver updates being failures to plot in CAD environment for some reason.

Is it unreasonable to expected all purchase paper to be state width (+/- 1/32")?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation