Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet z6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to figure out how to restart the initial setup of a DesignJet z6200.  This printer was pulled out of the boxes, assembled, and the initial setup got as far as installing the ink cartridges and priming the ink lines to the printer heads.  Then it was placed in storage for years.  I've taken on the task of getting it up and running with expired ink and print heads that are past their warranty dates.  The first problem I noticed is that the line from the yellow ink cartridge never primed.  The printer wants me to install the printer heads but here is no yellow ink making it to the printer heads yet.  All the other lines look to be primed properly.  I would like to find a way to start this process over so I can make sure the yellow ink line is primed before moving on to the installation of the printer heads and troubleshooting the problems with trying to use out of date heads that I've read about on this forum (I'd like to avoid sending another $1900 on new heads if possible).  Is there a way to restart or reset this initial setup process on the printers front panel?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Remove printhead, use a syringe to prime air from the yellow tube.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.